Health Profession Corporations


In accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA), the College of Audiologists and Speech – Language Pathologists of Manitoba may issue a Health Profession Corporation Permit to a corporation established by one or more registrants of the College.

The College maintains a record of Health Profession Corporations with valid permits; this record is the absolute determinant that a health profession corporation exists.

Click here to access the CASLPM Health Profession Corporation Register.

In order to verify that a health profession corporation has a current, valid permit to provide audiology or  speech – language service, check the Record or contact the Registrar, or 204-453-4539 ext: 2.



One or more full regulated registrants of the College are permitted to establish a health profession corporation.

A registrant of the College practicing within a health profession corporation must comply with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Regulations, Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics, Practice Directions, and By – Laws of the College.

The primary duty of a registrant practicing within a health profession corporation remains with the client receiving health care.  If there is a conflict or potential conflict between the registrant’s duty of care to a client and her or his duty to the health profession corporation, the registrant’s duty to the client prevails.  This includes, but is not limited to:

  • fiduciary obligations
  • duty to provide safe and ethical care
  • duty to respect confidentiality

A Health Profession Corporation may:

  • carry out the practice of one profession, either audiology or speech – language pathology, not both;
  • provide health care services, according to the scope of practice of the specified profession;
  • provide health care services only through regulated registrants of the College;
  • employ one or more regulated registrants of the same profession.

A health profession corporation which holds a valid permit must comply with every provision of the Regulated Health Professions Act, Regulations, By – Laws, and Code of Ethics which apply to it.

The College has responsibility to regulate a health profession corporation that is issued a permit under the RHPA.  As such, any power that the College may exercise in respect of a regulated registrant may also be exercised in respect of a health profession corporation.

Contact the College Office for complete details on how to apply for a Health Profession Corporation Permit.