Documentation Requirements    Annual Registration Renewal    Continuing Competency Program


Documentation Requirements

How do I apply for Criminal Record Checks and Child and Adult Abuse Registry Checks?

Under The CASLPM General Regulation, a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check are required upon initial application for registration with CASLPM, and every 5 years thereafter.

If you live in Winnipeg and you have been a resident of Canada for at least one year, you can complete your Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search online through the Winnipeg Police Service (WPS) electronic Police Information Check online system.

If you live in Brandon and you have been a resident of Canada for at least one year, you can complete your Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search online through the Brandon Police Service online Police Record Check service.

If you live outside of Winnipeg or outside of Manitoba, you can complete your Criminal Record Check either with your local police service or the RCMP.

You can apply for the Adult Abuse Registry and Child Abuse Registry Checks through the Government of Manitoba Abuse Registry. These checks should have been obtained within the past six months. Please submit your original Checks via mail to CASLPM once you receive them.

Upon receipt by CASLPM, all physical documents will be digitized and added to your permanent digital file, then destroyed. If you send original physical documents and wish us to return them to you, please email the Deputy Registrar at You will be billed for any associated mailing cost.


How can I change my name in my registrant profile?

Proof of legal name change may be established by providing two pieces of identification, one of which must have your photo, and one of which must show your previous last name. Acceptable forms of identification are government issued driver’s license, valid passport, marriage certificate, or legal name change document. An administrative fee will apply in accordance with CASLPM’s Fee Schedule, payable through your online portal using Visa or Mastercard. Please contact the Deputy Registrar at

Do my application supporting documents need to be translated?

Back to top



Annual Registration Renewal

When does registration renewal occur?

Registration renewals take place during September and October each year, during which members may renew their registration online at any time until the October 31 deadline.


How do I access the online renewal form?

Go to the CASLPM member portal.

Important information: Before Renewal, you will need to complete the Self Assessment Form (SAF) (located on your member dashboard) and the RHPA Jurisprudence Module as per requirement by CASLPM (If not completed in year 2022). Please refer to Jurisprudence Information.


What information do I need to log into CASLPM's member portal?

To log in, you will need to know:

    • The email address connected to your member portal account; and
    • Your password.


What do I do if I cannot remember my password?

Go to CASLPM’s member portal, enter the email address connected to your account, and click the “Forgot My Password button”. A “link” to reset your password will be sent to the email address entered.

If you do not receive a reset link, please check your spam, or junk mail folder. You may also try adding to your address book to search for CASLPM’s email.

What should I do if I cannot remember the email address connected to my CASLPM member portal account?

Send an email to or indicating that you forgot the email address connected to your CASLPM member portal account.

Your email must include:

    • Your full name; and
    • Your CASLPM registration number.

The College will send you an email message confirming the email address that is currently connected to your CASLPM member portal account.


Can I complete a paper renewal form?

No. You must complete your renewal form using CASLPM’s online renewal system.

No computer? Try these suggestions:

    • Use your smartphone, tablet, or iPad.
    • Use the computer of a family member or a colleague; or
    • Use the computer at your local library.

If you are experiencing extenuating circumstances that do not allow you access to the online system, please contact the College as soon as possible. College staff are available to assist members with the online renewal. If you have a problem, call, or email us and we will be happy to assist you.



What email address should I use for my CASLPM member portal account?

You must provide an email address that you can access all the time and from anywhere.

When selecting an email address for your account, keep in mind that the College uses your email address as our primary communication tool. This includes:

    • registration renewal,
    • quality assurance requirements,
    • practice advice and
    • other important College programs and updates.

CASLPM recommends that you do not use your work email because you may not always have access (e.g., on leave, taking another job, or your work spam filters CASLPM email out).

If you decide to use your work email, be prepared to troubleshoot any work-related spam filter server issues and adjust accordingly.

If you change your job or take a leave where you no longer have access to your work email, you must update your member portal within 30 days with an email address where you can be reached.


Can someone else (e.g. my spouse, assistant, etc.) renew on my behalf?

No. You must complete the renewal form yourself.  You are making a legal declaration that someone else cannot do on your behalf.


How many hours do I need to maintain my Full Regulated Registration Certificate?

Full-regulated members must provide 1250 hours of patient care or related work in audiology or speech-language pathology over the previous five-year period.


How do I calculate or report practice hours?

It is mandatory to report Practice Hours during registration and practice renewal each year. The College uses practice hours reports to determine the currency of practice. For this report, please calculate your hours according to the definitions and method provided by the College: Practice Direction-Minimum Practice hours.

Do not rely on data collected through an employer task/time log; such analyses use a variety of descriptors and categories that do not correspond to the regulatory purpose.

Regulatory Practice Hours are reported:

    • As an annual total for each category
    • For a 12-month period, 1st October to 30th September

For example, you may have worked 1200 hours as an SLP/AUD during the timeframe of October 1 and September 30. Of this, 1000 hours may be direct client care and the other 200 hours may be work you do to prepare for the visits i.e., reviewing PPE requirements, and billing insurance companies. Therefore, your overall practice hours for this timeframe are 1200.

I am a private practitioner, what should I enter for my employer and my supervisor?

For the employer, please select “Self Employed” as your organization name. For the Supervisor’s name, please select “Self-Employed” (Do not enter your own name).

What happens if I do not renew by the deadline?

A 20% late fee will be incurred if you do not complete your renewal before October 31st at 11:59 p.m. and your registration status will be “Not Renewed”.

If you have not completed your online renewal and paid the fees as of December 31st, you will no longer be able to engage in practice as a registered Audiologist or Speech Language Pathologist or use the registered title or any variation or abbreviation of the title in Manitoba on January 1st of the upcoming year.

The Public Register will reflect your not renewed status and your employer will also be notified.


I don't want to renew my registration and I would like to cancel my registration with the College. How should I do this?

I am currently a Full Regulated Registrant, but I am planning to retire this year, What should be my next step?

If you wish to retire, you may select one of the following options (Section 2.27 and 2.28, by-laws article 17.0):

  1. Non-practising:
    • Shall pay an annual fee and any other fees as applicable.
    • Is not eligible to practice audiology or SLP in Manitoba.
    • Shall participate in the Continuing Competency Program of the College.
    • Shall submit Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry, and Adult Abuse Registry checks. as required by regulation and receive copies of official College publications.
    • Shall receive full voting privileges and all privileges extended by the College.
    • Is eligible for election or appointment to any position within the College.
    • Is entitled to attend and participate in general College meetings.
    • Is entitled to receive copies of official College publications.
  2. Inactive or Retired:
    • Shall pay an annual fee and any other fees as applicable.
    • Is not eligible to practice speech-language pathology or Audiology in Manitoba.
    • Is entitled to receive copies of official College publications.

You can contact CASLPM for a change of registration request. Many members may retire from their employment but may wish to perform some facet of work in their field. It is advisable to carefully consider the activities you may wish to be engaged in before you change your status.

Regardless of when in the registration year you retire, there is no pro-rated refund available to you and an application fee may also be applicable if you wish to change your status midway through the registration year.

How do I get my registration certificate and a receipt after I have completed my renewal?

Log into your member portal and download your registration certificate and tax receipt located on your dashboard.


Can I get a refund if I change my status or leave the country for part of the year?

No. There is no pro-ration of fees or refund of fees for partial year registration.

I am on parental leave. Do I need to keep up my professional liability insurance?

If you are a full regulated registrant, you must keep up your insurance while on parental leave.

Should I submit documentation proof of my insurance coverage to the College when I renew?

No.  However, make sure you update the professional liability coverage during renewal in your member portal by stating the following details:

    • Name of Insurance Company
    • Policy number
    • Policy Expiry Date
    • Professional Liability Insurance coverage amount (at least $2,000,000 per claim although you may elect to increase your coverage)

How do I update the expiry date of my professional liability insurance?

Select “Yes” to the question at the bottom of the Employment information section: “Do you need to make changes to the above employer and/or professional liability insurance?”. This will generate editable fields where you can update any employment or insurance information.

Back to top


Continuing Competency Program

Why does CASLPM have a Continuing Competency Program?

As with all regulated health professions, a Continuing Competency Program is mandatory. The Regulated Health Professions Act, 87 (1) and the General Regulations (192/2013) require the College to have in place a continuing competency program for regulated members consisting of:

  1. a self-assessment process;
  2. continuing competency activities; and
  3. advanced competency certificate activities for those members who hold those certificates

How is the Continuing Competency Program created?

In compliance with General Regulations 192, the CASLPM has established a standing committee, the Continuing Competency Committee (CCC) that consists of two audiologists, two speech-language pathologists, and two public members as directed by the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) and the General Regulation 192. The Continuing Competency Committee ensures that college members are complying with relevant legislation, regulations, and standards.


Do all members participate in the Continuing Competency Program?

Yes, all Regulated members (Full, Provisional, or Non-Practising), must participate in the Continuing Competency Program. This is different from the Practice Hours Requirement, which does not apply to Non-Practising and Provisional members. This is because Non-Practising members cannot practice the profession, and Provisional members may only practice while under supervision, but both can participate in professional development activities.



Do I need to participate in the Continuing Competency Program if I am going on an extended leave?

Yes, all members are obligated to complete 45 hours of continuing competency activities in the three-year period as per regulations. Questions regarding cancellation of membership during a time of leave may be directed to the CASLPM office.


How many hours do I need for the Continuing Competency Program?

In a three-year period, a regulated member must complete 45 credit hours of continuing competency activities that meet approved requirements to develop or maintain competency in their practice.


What is the Continuing Competency reporting period?

The continuing competence period is a three-year period from January 1 to December 31 (each year). All required activities must be completed during that period.



Can I submit Continuing Competency Activities after December 31 of my third-year cycle?

No, the online Continuing competency activities would not be saved after December 31 of the third year of your cycle, and also those credits would not be counted towards continuing competency activity credits if not submitted by December 31 of the third year of the cycle.


Do all my continuing competency activities need to be entered by renewal time each year?

No, members will have access to their Continuing Competency Activity Tracking Form in their Online portal till the end of December of the last year of their three-year cycle.

Members are encouraged to enter activities throughout the year as they are completed to aid in remembering activities.


What are the Continuing Competency Program (CCP) requirements?

The Continuing Competency Program involves three components:

Self-Assessment Form (“SAF”) – Members will use the SAF to help identify areas of learning that will benefit each individual the most and will guide members through evaluating competence as an Audiologist and Speech-Language Pathologist.

Continuing Competency Activity Tracking Form (“CCATF”)/Learning Plan– Members will complete Continuing Competency Activities as per their identified areas of learning from their completed Self Assessment Form. Find more detailed information about continuing competency activities categories and credits here: CCATF

Jurisprudence Module (“JM”) – By completing the Regulated Health Professions Act Jurisprudence Module, new and provisional applicants will gain a greater knowledge of the regulatory framework that guides the Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Professions in Manitoba. The RHPA Jurisprudence Module Link and the RHPA Jurisprudence FAQ_ are located on the CASLPM website so that the member may complete the RHPA JM ahead of the registration process.



Where can I find the Self-Assessment Form?

The SAF can be found on CASLPM’s online member portal’s dashboard under ‘My Self Assessments’. Members are expected to complete the Self-Assessment Form every year. Members will be given access annually on January 1st and must submit SAF online before renewal each year. Here is the link to SAF Alinity Instructions SAF Alinity Instructions to provide visual support to access the SAF in Alinity.


How are Continuing Competency Activities reported?

Continuing Competency activities are input directly into the Continuing Competency Activity Tracking form built in the ‘My Learning’ section of the member’s online profile. Here is the link to Instructions for Completing Continuing Competency Activities in Alinity  Instructions-for-completing-Continuing-Competency-Activities-in-Alinity  to provide visual support to access the Continuing Competency in Alinity.


Why are the indirect hours listed in the Continuing Competency Activity Tracking Form (CCATF) displaying status met at the beginning at the beginning of each 3-year period even though there may be no claimed credit hours?

  • Content Directly Related to AUD/SLP clinical practice has a 30-credit hour minimum with no maximum.
  • All 45 credit hours may come from this category within the 3-year period.
  • Content with an Indirect Relationship to AUD/SLP has a 15-credit hour maximum with no minimum.
  • The form will display the status met at the beginning of each 3-year period even though there may be no claimed credit hours.
  • 0-15 credit hours will display the status met. 



How do I maintain my CCP records for my record keeping?

Members can print out the submitted Continuing Competency Activities as a ‘PDF Document’ from the ‘My Documents’ section on their dashboard in the member’s Online Portal for their own record after submitting the renewal form each year.


Can I do my Self-Assessment and Continuing Competency Activity Tracking Form on paper?

No, members must complete the self-assessment form and all continuing competency activities (CCAs) within the member’s online portal only.


Do I have to complete the Jurisprudence Module if I have already completed it?

No, only New and Provisional members will be required to complete the current RHPA JM.



Can I get a credit for completing the RHPA Jurisprudence Module?

Yes, at the end of the module, members will receive a completion certificate that must be uploaded to your member profile to continue to complete the registration.


What name should I input in the ‘Presenter Name’ section if I am Supervising or Mentoring any member?

You can write ‘Not Applicable’ or ‘I was the Presenter’ in the section.


How long do I need to retain my CCP records?

Members must maintain CCP records including SAF and CCA’s for 6 (six) years.



Why do I have to retain proof of my CCCs for three years after the cycle ends?

After the reporting deadline of December 31, a random audit will be conducted, and members audited may need to submit proof of having completed the CCCs that they reported.


I have completed more than 45 credits. Do I have to report them all?

Although members are not required to report more than 45 CCCs for the reporting cycle ending December 31, members may wish to do so where that information is readily available.


What is the Continuing Competency Audit?

The Continuing Competency Audit is when CASLPM audits members’ Continuing Competency Program records. Files will be audited for completion of the Self-Assessment Form and Continuing Competency Activities.



When is the Audit and How do I know if my documents are being Audited?

The CASLPM’s Continuing Competency Committee has set a goal to audit 50% of eligible member’s records annually. In most cases, members will not receive notice of audit unless there are questions about the submitted documents.


How will the College go about choosing the 50% of members who will be audited?

Regulated members will be randomly selected for the audit. In addition:

  • New members who are completing their first full registration renewal, and
  • Any regulated members who are flagged for an audit for fitness to practice concerns may be included in the audit.


How often will I be Audited?

The CASLPM’s Continuing Competency Committee’s goal of auditing 50% of members’ records annually would result in each member being audited on a six-year cycle.



If I maintain my competence records online, do I need to submit anything on paper when I am audited?

If you have posted all records online, no. There is no need to submit paper documents. Members may be contacted during the audit process if additional information is required.


When and how do I find out my audit results?

In cases where additional information is required, members will be contacted by CASLPM. If no information is required, the audits will be conducted with no notice to members.


What happens if I have not met my obligations of the Continuing Competency Program?

The audit is intended to be a positive and supportive experience that provides the member with an opportunity to provide information that strengthens their CCP submissions, and, as needed, provides support and guidance to the regulated member.

Audits gather information and offer remediation advice. Recommendations from the Auditors will be forwarded to the Registrar and the Deputy Registrar. You will be given 30 days to respond to any requests for updates to your continuing competency documents. Failure to respond within 30 days can result in a non-compliance fee being applied to your account and may be subject to an investigation by the complaints investigation committee.



What happens if I don’t complete the Continuing Competency requirements?

The Continuing Competency Committee may consider taking any actions considered acceptable in the RHPA and CASLPM’s General Regulations, by-laws, and policies if the continuing competency obligations are not met. As a professional, you are obligated to complete Continuing Competency Activities and reporting.


How does the College keep my competency information confidential?

Your competency data can be viewed only by you and the college staff. Your identity is protected throughout any audit process undertaken. Auditors will have access only to the competence information provided by the CASLPM office.


Back to top

We are in the process of updating our FAQs. In the meantime, please contact the CASLPM office with any questions not answered here.