NOTE: CASLPM requires a minimum of two-weeks notice before starting any Advanced Competency training program.
Certain specialized health care services may be performed only if a member holds an Advanced Competency certificate.
CASLPM GENERAL REGULATION
PART 4: Specialized Health Care Services and Reserved Acts
Please refer to the Advanced Competency Certification Application Process
Completed forms can be emailed to the Deputy Registrar.
Specialized Health Care Services Program of Study and Training summaries – Audiology:
Specialized Health Care Services Program of Study and Training summaries – Speech-Language Pathology:
1. Fibreoptic Endoscopic Evaluation and Management of Voice Disorders
2. Fibreoptic Endoscopic Evaluation and Management of Swallowing Disorders
3. Voice Restoration Through the use of Voice Prostheses
4. Swallowing and Voice Restoration Through the Use of Tracheostomy Tubes or Speaking Valves & FAQs
5. Videofluoroscopic Assessment of Adult Swallowing Disorders
6. Videofluoroscopic Assessment of Pediatric Swallowing Disorders
* Note: Registrants coming from another province will be required to prove their Advanced Competency abilities. Please contact the Deputy Registrar, Suki Kaur Alix for more information.
Advanced Competency Renewal
- You must complete at least four hours of competency activities in the certified specialized health care service that meet approved requirements before the certificate’s expiry or renewal date.
- You will be required to report evidence of fulfilling the continuing competency obligation for each advanced competency certification you wish to renew (Event/Learning Activity Title, Presenter/Source, Date).
- An invoice will be generated once we receive the completed advanced competency renewal form, and the renewal is approved. Payment may be made online through your Alinity account using Visa or Mastercard.
- If you do not wish to renew any advanced competency certification(s), please complete the form indicating you will not renew.